Wednesday 4 April 2012

WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE AND AFTER THE FIRST FOUR DAYS OF NINTH GRADE!

I had passed eighth grade with flying colours(pleased to know). Examination the most tensing period of our lives had come to an end(I know there were still more to come, but still). Eighth grade had finally come to end and firstly I had no choice, but to bid goodbye to the senior middle school department and all the teachers who had taught me well! I had written a poem for two of my special teachers and of course they know who they are. In fact they are regular readers of my blog. Mrs.Laxmi Nandakumar and Mrs.Jessy Paulose, thank you again for helping me out and may both of you have a good life ahead. Farewell.

Secondly, I have to say farewell to one of my classmate named Vignesh, who has left school. We weren't close friends, but we were good friends. Those are all good memories. After the scary exams I was finally able to take breath. It felt good. It was like I was cramped in a room full of books, that too, school books. I would have found my school library which has no books at all(what I mean is that it has no good books)way better. After all, after the exams I was all alone in the afternoon, as parents were at work, and I had no siblings. I thought it would be great fun.

Either ways as my luck is mostly bad, the thought lasted for only few hours, as I was busted the very first day of my holiday for not cleaning my bookshelf at the earliest. Well, the first week was bad and boring. There was nothing to do, but hum music to oneself or to roam around aimlessly. There was nothing to watch on television, nothing to read in the bookshelf, and I was damn bored with the video games I had. Due to this boredom I couldn't blog at all that week. I was totally out of concentration.

In the end I took my tennis ball and started bouncing it around. According to my mother it was a fool thing to do(like she knew what was happening). The next week, however I was able to buy two new and interesting books which kept me glued to it. I wouldn't be mentioning the books, as it is popular and I wouldn't want my relatives to read what I read if at all they read this blog or if at all they haven't seen it.

That week went in reading books, and again I couldn't blog. The next week at last I could blog after quite sometime. I was proud that I could come up with something. I was also a bit unhappy as I lost flow in between due to phone calls from parents and all that.

Ninth grade was just around the corner. Books to be bought, uniforms to altered, what a stupid way to start the first week before school. Go down to the tailor, get the pants altered, go to the book store buy the books, and oh, mommy forgot, you have to buy milk, curd, vegetables, snacks........and that would be about it. Also I had to be sure to bring hundred dirhams change! It was a hell of a week I tell you. It was long week, because apart from going to the tailor and giving the pants that needed to be altered, I had to receive it as well. On the way you had to look at the Emarati kids, who as always, had attitude problems, and they of course had that 'thou shalt die' look on their faces. They maybe fierce looking, but trust me, they are just plain scooby-doos and shaggys from inside.

The day before the first day of ninth grade I had packed all my books and had gone for the movie 'The Hunger Games', which turned out to be boring in the end. The romantic way they ended it, was boring. I had gone with my cousin brother whom I have mentioned mostly in my post 'Two Hours and Forty Minutes', and also my cousin sister whom I have mentioned in my post 'Being the Only Child'. The elder one of course, not the trouble-maker. My sister seemed to enjoy the movie(girlzzzz!)and my brother like me hated the ending, but he also said it was better than the book which the author turned into a mega love story.

The next day school started as usual. I got up early in the morning and brushed my teeth as slow as I could. After my daily chores, I dressed my self in the new uniform (which had a horrible colour combination). I left home for the bus. The bus came, I entered. After a long journey we reached school. I entered my class, and greeted my friends. Joe was present as usual. Our time-tables were handed over and soon the periods began.

Hindi, my second language, almost left me crying. As a matter of fact it almost left me crying after two whole years(I'm not an emotional person, and I definitely don't care if Romeo gets Juliet or not). Too much it was, I looked at Joe with a sad expression and he looked at me in the same way. The other subjects were equally challenging. There is too much homework and I don't know how I'm blogging right now. I'd  be an idiot to even blink my eyes in class. A hell lot of work to do. With that I have my Mathematics tuition. Two whole hours and sometimes even more. The textbooks were heavy(arrrrgh! I can feel the pain). My back would have gone for a toss, if I would have had those textbooks on my back for more than fifteen minutes.

Some teachers started scaring us with the things that will happen during the board exam and all in the first day itself! Some teachers, luckily, decided to console us rather than scare us. Some did both. I knew in the back of mind that ninth grade is going to be like trying to kill Hulk in an instant. Well all did not go well or as expected, but what to do, life is hard. After all it is the twenty first century(sigh! Why?!). I'm okay with it as long as I have something called as free will!

Hasta la Vista,
K

1 comment:

  1. well, all the best for your current academic year! i am happy that u r becomin independent as well! that shows u r growin into a young man!

    ReplyDelete