Sunday 26 October 2014

EN ROUTE TO DEPARTURE DAY!

Back in the 18th century when the Spanish and the British were still Kings of the Atlantic Ocean, they didn't know one thing. No it isn't technological advancements taking place in the current age of living, nor is it the first black American President, and it isn't even the independence of so many countries after the French Revolution. It is that 'I' of all the people would go to Rajasthan.

Ever since the announcement was made by the History lecturer; (For the uninformed, oh yes, I am in college) a sudden keenness aroused within me. I felt the need to explore and experience something that I haven't before. So I asked the higher authorities (It's my parents, not the college authorities) permission to move towards this pleasant idea. My parents not being very profligate hummed and thought about it.

I gave them time as there wasn't any urgency required in settling the matter and I continued with my normal life. I wouldn't lie and say that my mind was constantly diverting towards this matter, as that would be exaggeration, but yes, I did think about it quite a few times, especially about the entertaining aspects of the trip (Hell, was there anything not entertaining). Another thing that excited me then was that it was during holidays and the holidays were meant to be after the exams, hence there would be enjoyment to the fullest.

As usual though there is a catch, nothing is ever smooth with me. Apparently the exams were postponed to after the holidays! It was infuriating, but I didn't let that come in my way. It was still not a bad idea. I kept my hopes up even though there was a tad bit of trepidation relevant in my mind.

Days went by and the permission came, my mother and the lecturer conversed and things were settled. At least until it was time to hand over the cheque. Before I knew it, there came the common and most usual Indian complications. "Where is the cheque going?" "Is it to the college or the travel agency?" "Who are you giving the cheque to?" All I could answer was that I wasn't the one to be asked. Why the hell would I be? As a matter of fact these questions should have been asked on the very first day.

Fortunately everything became clearer and the cheque was offered. Now that thin piece of paper sealed the deal. There was nothing left really as the only reasonable, rational and relevant course of action would be to wait. The waiting period was long but worth it. The revised itinerary was provided, instructions were given and apart from the tickets everything was done and dusted.

The damn holidays arrived and what not to do other than start the countdown. However, I wasn't a lame ass concentrating on a trip which would anyways take a lot of time to come if I kept thinking about it. In fact the trip only meant the holidays were ending and the exams were closing in on me.

So my utmost concentration was on trying to complete my work before the trip (I got to be kidding myself). Actually it was on multiple things which are rather vast, hence mentioning it would be a pain. Whenever I thought about the trip, I would think of the amount of time left to complete my work, and that just sucked.

On route to the day of departure, which happens to be the day after tomorrow, a lot of uninteresting events occurred, hence it is not worth a place in this post. Right now, I just stopped being a douche'-bag and blogged. I can't be blamed as inspiration struck when boredom and apprehension took over. Now that I have to pack; and packing can be an irritating son of a gun, I guess I will take my leave and leave blogging for another day (or month).

Hasta la Vista,
K  

No comments:

Post a Comment