Tuesday 5 July 2011

GOOD MORNIN!

There is a good thing and a bad thing about July. The good thing is that you are free from the evil claws of school. The bad thing, going to India! If you are a boy who is a NRI,who was born and is being brought up in the UAE, you'll definitely find India filthy. What I'm talking about is last July when I had no other choice but to come to India! I walked out of the airport like I had a man with a gun behind me. Beside me was my mother and maternal grandmother. My elder cousin brother, who is four years older to me, walked towards our direction smiling. He came towards me and gave me a vexing hug, then a kiss. Well I didn't mind as long as I had my hands to rub them off! He gave the same treatment to my mother and maternal grandmother. We sat in a Chervelot Tavera, whose driver was friendly. We had borrowed the car. Well, the driver wasn't new to me as I had known him for some five to six years. After the four to five hours journey from Andheri to Borivali in Mumbai we reached our destination, HOME!


 There I met my paternal grandmother and cousin sister, who were most delighted to see me and my mother. After sometime of panting(as we were carrying heavy bags)we sat to chat. I introduced my PSP to my cousin brother as he hadn't seen it even though it was seven months old. After a very simple dinner and bath, we went off to sleep.


I got up at four in the morning not knowing how! Everybody except me were asleep. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't.After sometime of early day dreaming I heard my brother's mobile ringing! I was astonished, then I understood that it was only the alarm. My cousin sister being an adult started kicking my brother so that he would wake up!


"It's five, wake up!", she screamed.


It was five! It couldn't be ,but it was the truth! I was day dreaming for an hour! Atlast my brother woke up. My sister barging into the bathroom to brush her teeth. My paternal grandmother who was supposed to cook breakfast for them got up too! I felt sorry. When all this was going on I decided to do something stupid.


I decided not to move from my bed and act as if I were asleep. I heard my grandmother asking them to hurry up. They finished their breakfast and quickly left the house.


Usually my mornings are dull, but this one was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!


After sometime when my grandmother sat down on a chair I startled her by wishing her a grand good morning!


Hasta la Vista,
K

5 comments:

  1. a nice beginning! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my class poet,

    It's great to see u use ur vacations creatively. Xpress ur verbosity.Unleash the THORrent of words ...

    Jessy Paulose

    ReplyDelete
  3. thnks for reading Jessy ma'am.I'll come up with more ideas and hopefully u'll be mentioned in one of my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...good work,man!!!!!keep it going...am glad u started this process of penning down things..go forward....

    laxmi menon

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnk u laxmi ma'am for posting a comment, but i ain't pennin anythin down. i'm typing 'em.

    LOL!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete