Tuesday 5 July 2011

THOR'S DAY

Thursday is named after the ancient Greek God of War,Thor! Well for me this is sometimes true and sometimes not. Thursday afternoons maybe fun because after Thursday comes Friday which is a weekend in the UAE. When I say this I'll always add maybe because of the following incident.


"Yo Joe comin to play today?" ,I asked my friend.
"Definitely",he said "What time?"
"Five"
"Yeah okay, five."
"Five" ,I repeated.


I disconnected and went searching for my school bag. I took out my school calendar(a kind of reminder, like in mobiles)to check how much homework I had. I gasped as I saw that there were loads. Then I thought ,maybe I could do it the next day, I had two days free either ways. Then my land line rang. I rushed to pick it up and receive the call.


"Hello?!" ,I said, still thinking about the homework.
"Hey K, how do you do?" ,my aunt's voice cut through my thoughts.
"Hi, fine."
"Give to your mother."
"'Kay"


I handed the phone to my mom. She was confined to her favourite sofa. After a long chat, my mother beckoned to me.


"Your aunt, uncle and cousins are coming this evening, complete all your homework.", she said
"Dammit, I thought of starting it tomorrow, and there are loads of them.", I choked
"So better start because they're only leaving on Saturday morning."


I went to my room and took out my books as I knew there was no point arguing. I started with English first as I knew that it would be easy. I kept Mathematics for later. It was five and my friend called me as I totally forgot about our conversation and I didn't turn up.


"You comin?",he asked
"Wait a minute."
I asked my mother if I could go and play. She asked me how much I had finished. I replied that there was still loads.She told me not to go! I made excuses, but no luck(luck is never on my side).I took the phone.


"I can't come, I've got homework to do.",I said indignantly.
"Oh you're such a nerd.",he replied
"Grrrrr! Shut up!"


This was totally Thor's day.


Hasta la Vista,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment